I have been doing some research to find the perfect signature armchair for a clients sitting room, a unique piece that is sculptural, a design classic and of course comfortable.
Inspired by the sexy lines of mid century Italian furniture I set out hunting around some of my favourite suppliers. I found some great chairs and I thought I’d share them.
1. Franco Albini – Tre Pezzi armchair
2. Gio Ponti – Via Dezza
3. Nicolas & Alistair – 1940’s Library chair
If you are happy to ship from Europe or America you can still find a few of these sexy original chairs around on sites like https://www.1stdibs.com/ . Closer to home, it is a little hard so keep a watchful eye on stores likehttp://nicholasandalistair.com/ they come up occasionally and are snapped up fast.
These chairs have inspired a new generation of design classics that are easily available and would look stunning in any home.
1. The Longwave armchair – Deisel by Moroso available at Hub Furniture
2.The P22 chair by Patrick Norguet for Cassina available at Cult Design
3. The Ro chair by Jamie Hayon for Fritz Hanson available at Cult Design
4. New York Bergere armchair by Sergio Bicego for Saba available from Café Culture + Insitu
5. Whittle Armchair by Grazia and Co available from Janie Collins InteriorsArm Chairs, Furniture, Italian Design