CG recently made the always enjoyable trip to Melbourne to attend the DEN Fair.
Now in its third year it brings together an inspiring collaboration of talent and brand names showcasing the best in contemporary furniture, lighting, textiles and soft furnishing. DEN Fair has a dominant presence of established Australian brands whilst also promoting young emerging brands and talent. Here are just a few of my favourites, there are too many to list them all.
1) Zuster – I’ve always been a fan of Zuster but they really impressed this year with their stunning crystal embellished cabinets.
2) SeehoSu – By Gemla Fabrika of Sweden, this is a classic. Reimagined in a simple and stunning way, perfectly bound in rich leather.
3) Artist Chloe Planinsek – The large scale and fluidity of the inspired cloud formations were very striking. They would look beautiful in any interior.
4) Style Revolutionary – Who doesn’t love a good trim? These beautiful braids from a family run mill are made from fibres such as linen, mohair and jute. They are always on trend and enhance soft furnishings in the most perfect way.
5) Volker Haug – Oh my, these were just stunning. The simple and delicate way the pink marble discs are suspended on a brass rod was truly striking. I can’t wait to use these in a project.Artwork, Australian Artists, Australian Designers, Den Fair, Design Fair, Revolutionary, SeehoSu, Trade Show, volker Haug, Zuster